PhD. Mechanical Engineering, University of Madras, India (1997)
MSc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Madras, India (1973)
Bachelor of Engineering Mechanical Engineering, University of Madras, India (1968)
Research Focus Areas
Solar Thermal Energy
Combustion and Gasification
Subjects Currently Teaching
NUST Subject Code EET921S - Energy Efficiency Technology
NUST Subject Code BKG911S - Bioenergy
NUST Subject Code PPT820S– Power Plant Technology
NUST Subject Code TFL710s- Thermofluid
NUST Subject CodeHTF420S– Heat Transfer.
Brief Career Summary
2018+Associate Professor and HOD/Mechanical & Marine Engineering, Namibia University of Science and Technology
2013-2018 Deputy Director and HOD/Mechanical, Polytechnic of Namibia
2007-2012 Senior Lecturer, Polytechnic of Namibia
1970-2006 Engineer/Manager/General Manager(Engineering and R&D),Bharat heavy Electricals Ltd, India, an associate of Alstom Power
1. Swaminathan, R. and Amupolo, H. (2014). Design and Testing of Biochar Stoves, Special Issue on Engineering Research for Economic Advancement, Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 4, 567-572.
2. Swaminathan, R. Chisale.P and Amupolo, H.(2015). Programme on Energy Efficiency in Southern Africa-Efforts towards Higher Education, International Renewable Energy symposium, (IRES2015), Windhoek, Oct 2015.
3. Rajaram Swaminathan (2016). Design and Testing of Mini Biogas Plant, Global Journal of Multi-Disciplinary Studies Vol 5 Issue 8, July 2016.
4. Rajaram Swaminathan and Nandjembo.F.N.P (2016). Design and Testing of a Solar Torrefaction Unit to Produce Charcoal, Journal of Sustainable Bioenergy Systems (JSBS), Sep 2016.
5. Rajaram Swaminathan and Shikongo Tomas Nadhipite(2017).Design of Solar Lime Kiln, Journal of Innovative Energy & Research, Volume 6, Special issue: Sustainable Energy, Nov 2017.
6. Rajaram Swaminathan and Johannes (2019). Power Generation from Landfill Gas and a Case Study, International Journal of Engineering Research and Applications (IJERA), Nov 2019.